Friday, March 14, 2008





Johnny Vega has arrived! Well I can that I am happy it’s here and it is definitely a change from what I am normally used to working on within such a short period of time. With Stumptown only a few scant months away and then Seattle I am going to have my hands full working on perfecting my digital techniques for the rest of the run of Johnny. I consider this my freshmen run at doing color and digital work. I am still working on it but I knew that there would be, at least for me things to keep a look out for.
BUT WILL I GO BACK AND FIX IT?
The answer would be no. The reason is simple I have to keep moving forward. To take a step back would silly. I have seen way to many artist that never move forward and keep reworking the past because it doesn't look right. I have seen this with many comic illustrators and fine artist.
Guys (and gals) live with it and move on. I think that’s why you see so many crappy books out right now but they always seem to get the press.
Anyway, about the images. This was my solo attempt at getting a book out on my own. Three separate stories and in on a timely fashion. One story was done on scratchboard called the Misguided. It was also a poke at the H.P. Lovecraft’s Cthulhu mythology. The other’s from the previous two volumes of the garage of Johnny Vega and the finally installment of Avartar.

No comments: