Sunday, July 3, 2011

BBC Update 7/03/11

BBC Update 7/3/11

Well sports fans Al here with the latest. As I write this a the first of the art pieces for gallery work has been dropped of for the Globe “**Call to Artists**”.

Next week will be the drop off for the show and should do well for Corpse Cop as far as I can tell.
As I was told by my co-writer Jason Pott on the Crossover for the Tale of Two Jo(h)nny’s that Jason of Floating World in downtown PDX once he saw Corpse Cop popped on the scene he said “Tell me more”.

Now I have talked to this gentleman a couple of different times but have never really pitched the book to him as I have had my nose dug into making art and creating. It is one of the weaknesses that I think most artists usually have.
Marketing themselves. I don’t mind the percentage that could be taking off the top for helping me out but the compulsion to create is so strong I don’t think that I can stop.
But gallery work is beginning to pull me in another direction.
The creative bug has gotten into me -especially with the New title called “Weird Atomic Tales” Risky Sci Fi is back! With a vengeance! Haha.



But seriously I had been looking again at the idea of old anthology of Pandora’s Garage and dusting it off but I wanted to streamline the content of the anthology.
Vega is on my mind as is Corrax, War Ram and a couple other potential crossover ideas that will be retooled for the book. Firsdt namely is “Ston” based upon Ben Perkin’s Heavy Horse character. Ben’s look and feel for Heavy sparked a lot of initial ideas for me but his ultimate version is his and I don’t wanta throw away those stories that I thought could work easily in the Heavy Universe. And nor do I want to step on his toes with such a fantastic character! Seriously if you haven’t seen any of his work on Heavy you should.
The re tooling will under the story called “The Rules of Set” with the new character, Ston, that I will be working on.

War Ram the mini is coming out soon for the shows. I have been in between small breaks been able to turn out some very small press print runs of War Ram and the Strange Alchemy books. Of course when it comes time for Werid Atomic Tales War Ram will be brought back into the fold. as Well as an ode to the EC and Warren magazines of old with “the Over Intelligence”.
Check out

COMMISSIONS:
Work on these images on. The first I must keep under wraps but enough to say that it is a fantasy oriented piece. If you have been watching the Vega The Barbarian piece I have been turning out then you know where it might be going.
The second is a birthday present so that is self explanatory.

No comments: