Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wonder Northwest 2011



Well sports fans, Al here with the latest:

WONDER NORTHWEST 2011




In a strange twist of fate when I thought I would he just pounding coffee next to my drafting table cranking out image after image for the crossover I got a call from an old friend of mine to help out at this show.  I had promised myself that I wasn't going to be doing anymore shows till I was done with the crossover but when I got the call to arms (strong arms carrying in comic book long boxes) I went.
  Royce Myers has been a long time of mine and has helped me out many times, here was a chance to pay back a little.
  Small venue it was but fun today I do plan going to help if I can and hopefully not spend a ton of cash on things that I want but should  not  buy.  With money being freaking tight and printing a high priority  I can't.
  
THE CROSSOVER CONTINUES:

  The rough pencils are nearly done.  Within roughly a weeks time I belive that all the rough pencils will be completed and the transfers can commence.   This will be a great opportunity to place the script into the frame and see how much background I really have to come up wIth.  Then inking should begin.

JOHNNY VEGA NEWS
  And though I had said that I was going to be focusing on scratchboard Pieces for shows later in the year the thumbnailing bug bit me and I have been in brief moments working on sketching the origin story for Vega.  The ACTUAL origin.  Thanks to Kat for prodding me to explane his beginnings I sat down and Texted myself the story outline. 
  And with the infusion of Jason's script on the crossover, I realized that I needed to add a lot more action to the existing story arc of Vega. 
  I think I have done that. And I'm very happy with the results of the work.

And that it for the kid as I head to the show for a time.

No comments: