Sunday, May 22, 2011

OLYMPIA COMICS FESTIVAL 2011




Well Sports fans, Al here with the latest:


THE OLYMPIA COMICS FESTIVAL 2011











  So much for the kid not going to shows this was a fun event.  Olympia show that I first attended three years ago was a fantastic eye opening experience.  With one major sale and four copies of Pandora's Garage Volume Five and Vega Number 2 being sold pulled me out of a funk thinking that my art work would never sell. 
  All creative artists that manage to get their stuff out there validation is measured in  sales.  At the time I thought about throwing in the towel but that all changed that day.
  Anyway, enough of reminiscing about the past this years show was held at the Senior Center as it was last year.  Hitching a ride with NEOtrash again (always a fun time) I helped set up and took candid shots between eatting, talking to guests and working on the cross over script.  Oh and the occasional sell of more scratchboard.  "Brain Cage" and "Brain in a Jar" both sold. 

THE TALE OF TWO JO(H)NNYS CONTINUES:

  The rough pencils are still being laid down but with much satisfaction from myself and Jason of NEOtrash Comix.  He watched as the process of how I work (to some degree).  I think my friends understand why I'm the hardest working man in comics right now.  Its looking really good!

And that is it for the kid.

No comments: