Sunday, April 24, 2011

Stumptown Comics Fest 2011: THE AFTERMATH



















Hey there sports fans, Al here with the latest:

STUMPTOWN 2011: THE AFTERMATH
It has taken me a week to really go through the event and put into words and pictures what my thoughts were on the show.
It has come and gone and has  left a warm feeling in our belly.  It was a much better show than I was anticipating.  I had felt that many things might have gone askew but I have happily relived that changed when the first two hours elapsed.
Then the fun began.  My table mates of NEOtrash Comix (Jason, Ben and Dan) made the whole thing more than bearable they made it fun so you as a independent  wouldn't be just hoping that someone would stop and just look at your books better that they would buy them.    "That's not a pickle!" was a common thing being said at the table.  I'll let your twisted minds figure out what that means.
Regardless of that Vega kept up with the sales of Corpse Cop this show which was nice.  AND original small pieces of scratchboard sold off the table as well.  So even though "scratch box" sign didn't make it premier at the show because I forgot something at home that work sold itself.  To me this can be summed up in one word, awesome. 
It was unfortunate that War Ram mini wasn't ready for this show but next year we'll see how it turns out!
So many things to do so little time so little money. 

THE TALE OF TWO JO(H)NNYS crossover is kicked into high gear as we move towards the Jet City Comic Show this year.
Looking good so far.
And it back to the drawing table.

No comments: