Friday, April 24, 2009

the Show- Stumptown Comic Fest '09






The Stumptown Comic Fest of ‘09 has come and gone.
Some of the feel of the show had changed from last year as I was able to get away from the table and see what was being sold this time around.
I was impressed by how many new books had that finished and cleaned up look than years previously my only regret was that I didn’t have the third color comic ready and the manga sized Pandora’s Garage collection up and running.
I think that both would have made it fun for anyone to ready and buy.
But the show was fun and ended on a high note for me so I didn’t walk away with that empty feeling inside “no body likes my work” attitude.
But I did sell some of the books which made me happy and I got to see old friends from last year and that was cool.
Also many new ideas are flying around my head as new way of selling books by using a UPC code and the ISBN number for selling to bigger book sellers.
That was a huge boon for me as was the information about the photoshop and screens option and multiply option for color my scratchboard projects. That alone opened up a lot of things for me. I can’t wait to try them out when I get to the scratchboard again.
And then there are a few more shows coming up that I have to be ready for as well so I am expanding the playing field for the work which is what I need to do.
Here is to keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: