Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Family Portrait Scratchboard Style -Part 2


Well here it is sports fans, the latest from the box. Two days time in total I believe. I think that I should have my own personal time clock to really keep track of the amount time that I spend working on these. But it had to be done. There are two other projects that I can do but focus on a fewer characters and smaller sizes. This was a big one 16”X20” piece.
That’s big for this kid to work on but it does say that the detail that is involved on this is pretty good compared to say three years ago when I started playing around with the idea of doing scratchboard as a comic medium.
But now onto other project that won’t nearly be as long.

CORPSE COP NEWS: FINALLY BEING PRINTED!
Over the last several months this book has been put on hold because of financial constraints but now is looking to be completed and printed. It should be ready for the Emerald City Comicon 2011 this year.

JOHNNY VEGA #4 IS CLOSE ON THE HEELS OF THIS RELEASE!
By the end of this month “The Rock Apes of Xandar- the conclusion” will be heading off to press. Much excitement as this story gets the pressing that it deserves. But it does mean that when a collection comes around there will be much to be added to the work a redrawing of nearly all of the pages of issues 1 through 3 and a introduction and the official origin of Johnny Vega called Humble Beginnings.
How long this will take I am not sure but I do know that after the completion of “Tale of the Two Jo(h)nnys” crossover no other work with other creators will impede the work on getting Johnny back to where he needs to be.

And that is it for the kid.

No comments: