Friday, October 7, 2011

BBC Update 10/9/11

Hey there sports fans, Al here with the latest:

THE BIG 200 SHOW, 2011:

Now you have heard me talk about the BIG 100 Show of last year with four out of five 8"X8" scratchboard pieces being sold again giving validation  to the work which was not a fluke after the commissions from the Fallmen from previous year.
Before the end of this  year 20 pieces of art alone for gallery work (not counting the commissions or the comic pages) were completed.
Not bad for a guy working a  9 to 5 kinda job. 
Now its to see if I can begin to make a living doing what I love to do.

THE CROSSOVER:


  Well the crossover continues with a looming deadline.  I knew that once I had the script in hand from Jason I knew I would have  to out the best work I could.  And that is happening right now.  Here is a few updated pages of this book.

NEW PROJECTS:
  In working closely with the guys from NEOtrash Comix, the one thing that has been said is that it rocks when you have something new to show at the Table for a particular show.  Nothing is truer than that!    With the brown bag P.F.B.  Proved that at this years Jet City show in Seattle. 
  Well the first on  deck will be the War Ram mini.  It was unfortunate that this  project never made it out to the shows this year but it doesn't mean I stopped doing them.  Ah hell no.  Those little books do well for me.   
  The second book on deck is a collected book of scratchboard illustrations from the last two years.  It is tentatively called Scratch Pad. 
This volume would hold all the images of last years images from the BIG 100 and this years BIG 200 + the smaller images from the last couple comic book shows.
  I think it would be a great calling card as a friend of mine told me a couple weeks ago.
  I think she was right about that. 
  At the beginning of the year there is another Corpse Cop book in the works that includes a new scratchboard rendition of the original Corpse  Cop mini story AND a brand new 12 page story of "Arctic Wolf". 
Things are picking up with scratchboard as well as the commissions as well.  But first on the list, Scratchboard. Lots of scratchboard work to be had.  

JOHNNY VEGA NEWS:
  As with any main character arc, Vega is looking at the possibility of change.  Just compare the original black and white character of ten years ago to the character in the color comics of today. 
Big changes.    Now the Origin Story.  Y'know the one that sets everything in motion.  Of course I won't pull a George. Lucas Maneuver and literally "remarking"  my beloved character.  No, I won't do that but I am planning on putting a spin on the classic space opera hero.  Flash Gordon was my templet now it was time to improve on that.
  He won't have Midi-chlorians to tell you who is imbued with the force but there might be a dark side to Johnny that we haven't seen yet.  It goes to the core what a hero is.  A perfect man is boring An imperfect character is much more interesting.
  And there you have it.

No comments: