Thursday, March 17, 2011

ECCC 2011 Come and Gone

I would be lying if I said I never got nervous before a show.  But for some reason this is a big deal for me.  Why? I can only guess but since I have made money and sold artwork at the galleries. The amount of money dropped on this show was huge.         
It’s not like other shows. It’s the big time.  At least it is to me.   I have for the last couple of weeks been feeling apprehensive about completing a finished project.
The idea of true success is kinda freeking me out.
But I have a better idea now what it is and how to deal with it.
I am here now I hope and pray that the show will go off without a hitch.  I have no idea what to expect.  It would be awesome to have everything sell out at the show. And you never know it could.
In a way I kinda had to force myself to push further ahead by keeping busy and not thinking about the what could be or the what I wanted to happen.  I just got to keep moving forward because it can only just get better.
I've learned a lot from watching and observing  my other friends here in this rented home.  I have my own private room.  Now if I just had a beautiful naked woman by my side to snuggle up too.
Here is to keeping my fingers crossed.  For everything.
Second Day was began with a rush and a push to get out of the way from the mad dash of fans in search of talking to their idols and getting that one book for collection.  In some ways the rush during the journey is the thing, not the completion of it.
But I can say one thing for sure.  KING OF SELL OUTS! 
Again to my amazement the second installment of Corpse Cop "Corpsecile" sold out about three quarters of the way through the show.  I certainly didn't expect that!   I knew the book was good but I totally under estimated power of the scratchboard!
I guess after the crossover with Jason is done it's onto D(r)awn of the Dead and Corpse Cop "Arctic Wolf".
I will say it has been fun so far.
There is only one thing I will say do not room with a couple of divas!  In my best gay voice "It was just to much!"
We'll see how this last day of the show will go.   Who knows,  Vega could just be making the turn.
Day three the opening charge for table and artists wasn't nearly  as hectic as Saturday.  Thank God that was the truth of it. 
But I did manage to push a lot of prints from the Big 100 show out to the people of Seattle.   Besides that, imagine the circulation associated with. Black Box Indirectly?.
It would be awesome and if Gabe comes through for me in the website a lot of things will be rocking this year in the free world.

No comments: